Thursday, May 8, 2008

About DreamTime


DreamTime Photography was started in mid 2005 around the time of the birth of our second child. Being very interested in photography but unable to take pictures of myself, I had searched for a professional photographer to do some maternity photos. I found a number of local photographers - all of whom wanted about $400 for a session, plus a very high cost for prints. Those costs simply pushed it out of the realm of financial possibility for a young family that is trying to be financially responsible.

My husband and I were both disappointed that we were unable to find a photographer for a feasible cost. It didn't seem fair that only those who could afford hundreds upon hundreds of dollars should be able to have such a precious time in their lives captured on film. And so, we created DreamTime Photography so that other parents could have those memories affordably. I don't pretend to be a highly-trained, life-long professional, and I won't charge you as if I were. I'm a Mom with a passion for photography and babies, and I'm just bringing those two things together.



I've been to the Cambridge MidWives office more times than I can count in the past few years. They have helped me through both some of the most beautiful and some of the most difficult times in my life. I also have a young child with autism, and many of my days are filled with parenting struggles that I never imagined myself dealing with. To show my appreciation to the Cambridge MidWives, and to show support for all that parents of children with special needs do for themselves and everyone around them, I offer a special package rate for clients of the Cambridge MidWives and for parents of special needs children. More information on that package is in the "products and pricing" section.

My aim is to make this an enjoyable experience for YOU. I come to your home, on your schedule, so that both Mom and baby can be comfortable. That is, as comfortable as it's possible to be at 9 months pregnant or shortly post-partum. If you have any special requests, please let me know!

To reach me, feel free to leave me a comment on the blog. Comments will not be publicly viewable, but are emailed to me directly. I can also be reached by phone at (519) 653-2844.

Thanks for taking the time to check out DreamTime's webpage!
Kathryn